- v cause to be more favorably inclined; gain the good will of
- v overcome or allay
- v make peace with
- The appeasement policy of the terrorist will not work out. We have to meet them head on.
- In his March 2003 speech giving Saddam Hussein 48 hours to leave Iraq, the President said, "In the 20th century, some chose to appease murderous dictators, whose threats were .
- The government of Denmark has to do something to appease the Muslim world.
News & Articles
- July 4 event has lower entry fee, more choices
Thursday, June 13 th , 2013 Issue 24, Volume 17. The number of families that wish to take part in Fallbrook’s hometown Fourth of July celebration this year could very well increase, as the entry fee has been significantly reduced and more choices have been added to appease individual budgets.
June 13, 2013 - The Fallbrook Village News
- Nikkei Falls 6.4%, Overseas Markets Escalate Hissy Fit Over Cut in World Bank Forecasts, Fed Taper Talk
The big shortcoming being exposed by the Fed's talk of tapering QE isn't just that it's premature. The central bank could have had its cake and eaten it too by using the "T" word and then in case of overreaction, sending minions out to reassure investors that it didn't mean it, really, they just had to say it to appease the hawks (not in that formula, mind you, the mere fact of running around ...
June 13, 2013 - Naked Capitalism
- NBA Finals: 11-year-old mariachi singer performs national anthem at Game 3, sparks racist frenzy
Apparently, Sebastien De La Cruz forgot he needed to present a birth certificate for proof of his citizenship to appease the bigots at home before performing the national anthem during Game 3 of the NBA Finals.
June 13, 2013 - Zap2It
- Johnny Weir in AFP
I hope these activists can understand that my decision to change my costume is in no way a victory for them, but a draw,Weir said. "I am not changing in order to appease them, but to protect my integrity and the integrity of the Olympic...
- Pat Robertson in San Francisco Chronicle
Sharon "was dividing God's land and I would say woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the EU (European Union), the United Nations, or the United States of America," Robertson said.
- President Bush in CTV.ca
I fully understand the pressure that you are under, and that there are those who are trying to destroy your reputation as well as my own, but sacrificing me for political expediency will never appease our critics or help you or the... Benon Sevan http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benon_Sevan&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE74CqgOJI17fKoQ44Hg2qFvBWYiQ FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,165013,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEpPweSqAcGsSaLIvhWPw3RlKAiGw Aug 7, 2005
4662 6957 appeasement Marking the 60th anniversary of Israel's founding, Bush told members of Israel's legislative body at the Knesset that he condemned the false comfort of appeasement ...... that we should negotiate with the terrorists and radicals, as if some...