ancestral : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s inherited or inheritable by established rules (usually legal rules) of descent
- a of or belonging to or inherited from an ancestor
- In this mid-season finale, the crew of the Galactica finds mankind's ancestral planet after a war that nearly exterminated them, leading to giddy celebration until they land .
- Although it was found in the summer of 1996, the local Umatilla Indians and four other Columbia Basin tribes almost immediately claimed it as ancestral remains under the Native .
- Even while bombs burst, she visited Mileva's ancestral villages, seeking her kin or anyone close to her family, including Serbian Orthodox priests and nuns, and holding many hours .
News & Articles
- Menopause cause? It may well be men, scientists say
Controversial new research suggests that ancestral males' preference for younger women actually set the stage for the evolution of menopause.
June 14, 2013 - WRCB Chattanooga
- Descendants of Cherokee retrace Trail of Tears
A group of cyclists are embarking on a journey to honor the removal of their Cherokee ancestors from their ancestral homelands 175 years ago, and have recently passed through the area.
June 14, 2013 - Park Hills Daily Journal
- Do you know Chechnya? Take the quiz
When Chechnya made headlines in April 2013 as the ancestral land of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects, the news dredged up memories of terrorist attacks in Russia orchestrated in the name of Chechen independence. How much do you know about Chechen-Russian relations – about the years of war with Russia and heavy-handed policies of a Moscow -installed strongman? And what else do you know about ...
June 11, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor