- a of or related to the male hormone androgen
- And there are now very short-lived androgenic steroids.
- In the late 1950s and '60s, the use of androgenic-anabolic steroids came into vogue.
- Still others have poured their hopes into the creams and tonics of quacksalvers, seeking the ever elusive miracle cure for the androgenic alopecia -- male-pattern baldness -- that .
News & Articles
- 'Gravity theory' may explain male pattern baldness
The effects of gravity may explain the apparently paradoxical effects of testosterone in male pattern baldness, or androgenic alopecia, according to new research.
Oct. 30, 2013 - Science Daily
- Hair Loss Weighing on Your Mind? 'Gravity Theory' May Explain Male Pattern Baldness
The effects of gravity may explain the apparently paradoxical effects of testosterone in male pattern baldness, or androgenic alopecia (AGA), according to a special topic paper in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery--Global Open(r), the official open-access medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
Oct. 30, 2013 - Newswise
- Edwin Poots in Belfast Telegraph
Mr Poots said: "In April 2009, Northern Ireland Environment Agency (NIEA) started monitoring rivers for di-n-butylphthalate, a substance that is believed to have an anti-androgenic effect, as part of its Water Framework Directive (WFD) surveillance...
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in San Francisco Chronicle
Personally speaking, I have been trying for more than 10 years to convince the IFBB to use the latest state-of-the-art technology to test both amateurs and professionals for any and all anabolic/androgenic agents,Schwarzenegger wrote.
- Mark McClellan in San Francisco Chronicle
There is also evidence that the use of androgenic steroids such as androstenedione may have long-term adverse health consequences,FDA commissioner Dr. Mark McClellan said at a press conference.