- s lacking vigor or energy
an anemic attempt to hit the baseball
- a relating to anemia or suffering from anemia
- Along the way, somebody decided my little car was anemic hey! I resent that! so MG offered an optional high-performance engine with dual overhead cams, thus the "twin cam.
- Which only makes this special about a loser adopting an anemic Christmas tree, more, well, special.
- It puts Lincoln's approval ratings at a hyper-anemic 36% approve, 44% disapprove.
News & Articles
- U.S. Healthcare Outlook: Are Conditions Ripe for Heightened M&A?
A still broadly anemic recovery. A sense they?re too heavily regulated. Questions surrounding the relative success and pace of implementation of key prongs of the Affordable Care Act. For healthcare executives at large, there are just so many questions to answer and issues to be resolved. But amid so much uncertainty, a Forbes Insights, CIT-sponsored report suggests that many segments within the ...
June 10, 2013 - Forbes
- France's Hollande: The Euro Zone Crisis Is Over
Despite record unemployment in the continent, anemic growth at best and a manufacturing sector in contraction territory, French President Francois Hollande said this weekend that the euro zone crisis is over.
June 10, 2013 - CNBC
- Employment at Largest U.S. Law Firms Up Just 1.1 Percent Last Year, According to The National Law Journal's 2013 NLJ 350
NEW YORK -- Hiring at the nation's top law firms expanded at an anemic rate of just over 1 percent in 2012, a signal that the legal sector has not yet fully recovered from the blow of the Great Recession....
June 10, 2013 - GlobeNewswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Ken Lewis in Forbes
We certainly are not pleased with our performance,Chief Executive Ken Lewis said in a statement. "We are cautiously optimistic about 2008, though we believe economic growth will be anemic at best in the first half."
- Chris Mason in ESPN
Everything we did clicked. It was one of the best offensive games I've seen,Mason said. "Ottawa is traveling right now, and they looked maybe a little more anemic because our guys looked so good."
- Isabel V Sawhill in Detroit Free Press
The fear is if we just let the economy continue to be a big hole, that in itself will balloon the deficit, because revenues are just anemic right now,Sawhill said.