andante : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a moderately slow tempo (a walking pace)
- n a musical composition or musical passage to be performed moderately slow
- s (of tempo) moderately slow
- r at a moderately slow tempo
this passage must be played andante
- Viviane launched into the broad theme of the opening andante with a firm, strong tone.
- After the playing of the andante from Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony on a gramophone, Nye's great body was burned to ashes.
- Through the spacious andante of Death in Venice, one can hear the contrapuntal knell of the 19th century with all its values, poses and styles.
News & Articles
- Pianist Gives Remarkable Performance in Concert at Columbia Museum of Art
Tweet This is a review of a concert by pianist Sergei Babayan at the Columbia Art Museum on Thursday, June 13. The literature was Ballade No. 2 in B minor, S.171 by Franz Liszt; Fantasia in C minor, Op. 21 by Vladimir Ryabov; Andante, Op. 19 and Melodia Op. 21, No. 9 by Sergei Rachmaninoff, arranged by Arkady Volodos; and 18 pieces from Johann Sebastian Bach’s The Well-Tempered Clavichord and ...
June 18, 2013 - Free Times
- Richard Jones in guardian.co.uk
I followed the Australia v India ODI yesterday,says Richard Jones, "and after the T20 World Cup it all seemed so SLOW, andante con moto."