amicable : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a characterized by friendship and good will
- The meeting between the opposition parties was surprisingly amicable and set a great example for all future meetings.
- It wasn't an amicable divorce and the couple continued to wash dirty linen in public for the rest of the year.
- The separation is said to be amicable and Brauchli is likely to stay with the company in a yet-to-be-determined capacity.
News & Articles
- Counsel RB Capital Announces Management Changes
Counsel RB Capital Inc. , a leader in distressed and surplus capital asset transactions, announced today that it has reached a mutually amicable agreement with Adam Reich and Jonathan Reich, Co-Chief Executive Officers, whereby they will, subject to the completion of definitive documentation later this month, leave the Company with the personnel in the New York and Los Angeles offices.
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Questionable Ethics By The Judge That Jailed Chad Johnson
Chad Johnson had been one of the best receivers in the best league of football in the world. He was a six time pro-bowler and had 1,000 receiving yards seven times in his 12 years as a pro as confirmation to his excellence. But he has failed to be as successful in building a team in his personal life. The only recent success may have been the negotiation of an amicable settlement of the charge ...
June 11, 2013 - Forbes
- Hacking becomes sticking point after Obama-Xi summit
Cybersecurity and the threat posed by Chinese hackers provided the main source of discord in the otherwise amicable meeting in the California desert over the weekend between President Obama and new Chinese leader Xi Jinping, a summit that set a standard for informality and direct exchanges between the leaders of ...
June 10, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Pat Buchanan in Washington Post
It was not an amicable divorce,police Lt. Pat Buchanan said Thursday.
- Sir Alex Ferguson in guardian.co.uk
Ferguson said: "I went out to see Cristiano in Portugal earlier this week. It was very amicable and there were no problems, so therefore we carry on. There is no problem for Manchester United or the manager. What I said to Cristiano will remain...
- Katherine Heigl in E! Online (blog)
I am done,Heigl tells EW's Michael Ausiello in this week's cover story. "We just finalized our agreement. Everyone had been working really hard to find an amicable and gracious way of letting go and moving on. It's sad but it's what I...