- s disposed to please
an amiable villain with a cocky sidelong grin"- Hal Hinson
- s diffusing warmth and friendliness
an amiable gathering
- The amiable politician did all the tricks in the rulebook to woo indifferent voters.
- Last summer we had an exciting holiday as we experienced an amiable weather and some wonderful sights.
- An amiable sensualist with little talent for government, the King spent so profligately that by the end of the decade his country was deep in debt.
News & Articles
- TV picks for June 13:? Ellen DeGeneres, "Sullivan & Son,” "House of Curves”
Kenyatta Jones from “House of Curves.” “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” (4 p.m., WCCO, Ch. 4) goes Down Under as the amiable host broadcasts from Melbourne, Australia, part of her never-ending quest to dance with Paul “Crocodile Dundee” Hogan.
June 12, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- The history of Gib McClanahan
If you would like to know the pertinent history of Ruidoso Downs Race Track sit down for a chat with the amiable 85-year-old trainer Gib McClanahan.
June 11, 2013 - Ruidoso News
- Have You Downloaded Google’s App, Called ‘Keep’ Yet? by @smorgs13
Google is on a roll when it comes to mobile applications. First they come out with the new Google + Local app, now they come out with an app called Keep. Have you downloaded it yet? What does Keep do? It is a productivity app that has taken to-do lists to a completely new level. [...] Author information Adam Morgan Adam Morgan is a PPC expert, entrepreneur, blogger, and amiable guy. In his spare ...
June 8, 2013 - Search Engine Journal
- Chris Tarrant in Sky News
After the caution, Tarrant said: "I am very pleased the police have handled the matter so efficiently, recognising that there was never any malice on my part, just a bit of amiable horseplay. I am glad that no charge has been brought against me and...
- David Stern in USA Today
In his court filing, Stern described a "pleasant and amiable conversation" with Schultz that covered social and business issues and wrote that he didn't understand why Schultz would "go to the hassle and expense" of pursuing his lawsuit...
- Conrad Black in National Post
I understand he meant well by his reference to The Great Gatsby, but Gatsby was an amiable charlatan who ended up being murdered in his own swimming pool,Lord Black wrote in a response to Mr. Rees-Mogg.