- r using the voice; not silently
please read the passage aloud
- r with relatively high volume
cried aloud for help
- She helped prompt fugitive Brian Nichols to take spiritual inventory after reading aloud from the book.
- In Britain, kindergarten children read Three Little Pigs; in Germany, second-grade pupils can read aloud (without necessarily understanding all the words) almost anything in print.
- A golden labrador retriever, in fact, that I could call to aloud and pet with a stylus.
News & Articles
- Theater review: New Works evokes with text
Plays are meant to be performed with living people in front of a living audience. Joan Lazarus, executive director of the Perry-Mansfield Performing Arts School and Camp, is proud that the school can continue this tradition this year as it has for the past 100 years since the camp was founded. This weekend, the 2013 New Works Festival, a collection of three unproduced plays read aloud in front ...
June 17, 2013 - The Steamboat Pilot & Today
- A few pranks, lots of thanks at Westport graduation
Go build a better tomorrow,Superintendent Carlos Colley read aloud from his address to the Class of 2013. However, before he could complete his next sentence, he was suddenly interrupted by music. Within seconds, the stage was full of students dancing...
June 16, 2013 - The Standard-Times
- Irony: Matthews Blasts People Who ‘Never Change The Freaking Subject’ From ‘Obsession’ With Guns
On Thursday, Chris Matthews wondered aloud how proponents of new gun laws can break through the “obsession” Second Amendment rights advocates have with their firearms. He said that gun rights advocates “think about nothing else” and “never change the freaking subject.” Matthews asked how to penetrate that myopic focus; all the while, the chyron below him announced the breaking news that the use ...
June 13, 2013 - Mediaite
- Mikhail Gorbachev in International Herald Tribune
Former Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev, who closed the last of the Soviet political prisons in the 1980s, praised Solzhenitsyn as "one of the first who spoke aloud about the inhuman Stalinist regime and about the people who experienced it but...
- Bono in The Sun
Bono said: "Seriously, I think Girls Aloud are at the cutting edge of pop music." "They are a great band and deserve to be centre stage." "They have everything a pop band should have - songs, the look, it's all there."
- Osama bin Laden in China Daily
Even if we lost one of our greatest knights and and princes, we are happy that we have found a symbol for our great Islamic nations, one that the mujahedeen will remember and praise in poetry and in stories secretly and aloud,bin Laden said.