- r with relatively high volume
the band played loudly
she spoke loudly and angrily
- r in manner that attracts attention
- r used as a direction in music; to be played relatively loudly
- The story of Archie Bunker and his working-class family in Queens arrived on American TVs as loudly and rudely as the "terlet" flush that broke TV ground in the first episode.
- She has consistentlyand loudlyrailed against real-world injustice.
- With women's groups loudly on Rauch's side, the controversy may have contributed to Kennedy's decision to give up his plans to seek re-election to Congress in 1998.
News & Articles
- Teachers Turn the Tables, Prank Students as Going-Away Gift
The anthem of the summer is playing loudly somewhere. If you listen closely, you can hear it, too: "School's out for summer!" Most school-age kids are rejoicing at the thought of summer break — not having to prepare for any tests, or get up early to go to class, or figure out which perfect outfit [...]
June 13, 2013 - Trending Now via Yahoo! News
- Morning Jolt: Rare two-faced kitten born
A rare two-faced kitten was born this week in Oregon, news reports said. The kitten, named Deucy, meows “loudly from both mouths” and appears to be in good health. The mother of Deucy rejected the kitten, but her owner has been feeding her from a syringe.
June 13, 2013 - The Observer-Dispatch
- Windham Jaguars win second NHIAA Div. III lacrosse title, move up in class next year
HOOKSETT - The girls hugged, a few cried, the crowd cheered loudly. This was a fitting finale for the Windham girls lacrosse team.
June 13, 2013 - New Hampshire Union Leader
- Will Smith in The Associated Press
This collaboration will speak loudly. It's truly a collaboration of two very different nations,Smith said.
- David Miliband in guardian.co.uk
Speaking at the UN session in New York after the vote, Miliband said: "The UN has served its purpose of speaking loudly and clearly and authoritatively and unequivocally. But we all have further responsibility. Responsibility for the parties on the...
- Barack Obama in RTT News
I also find it ironic that some of those who rail most loudly against this bill because of earmarks actually inserted earmarks of their own -- and will tout them in their own states and their own districts,Obama said.