- a of or relating to the athletic contests held in ancient Greece
- s striving to overcome in argument
a dialectical and agonistic approach
- s struggling for effect
- In the pre-pollution era, agonistic Teddy Roosevelt would no doubt have Australian-crawled to the wooded island in the Potomac that now bears his name.
- Or at best it is the remark of someone who simply does not understand the agonistic struggle that is an integral part of the competitive sports experience.
- No longer do the words contemporary music mean two hours of agonistic screaming and clangorous orchestral Klangfarbenmelodie.
- Silvio Berlusconi in Goal.com
The atmosphere of the team and in the dressing room was different, there wasn't that agonistic push which is normal for a final and this was evident in the first half,commented Berlusconi to the microphones of Rai at the end of the game....