- s suffering from agoraphobia; abnormally afraid of open or public places
- Stout's agoraphobic master sleuth, who made his first appearance in Fer-de-Lance (1934), was an intuitive armchair detective in the manner of Sherlock Holmes.
- He's agoraphobic and argyle-phobic, which means he's afraid of argyle socks.
- The sweet, agoraphobic Michael, Lauren's brother, a caretaker for an oil rig, trades commodities from his darkened, video-wired beach house (as cozy, Danny says, as the inside of a .
News & Articles
- Harold Dieterle Avoids Show Tunes Whenever Possible
Dieterle. Chef and restaurateur Harold Dieterle answers Daily Intelligencer's 21 Questions and reveals that he hates Broadway shows and Ambien is his favorite medication. In addition to hopping from his kitchens at Kin Shop , Perilla , and the Marrow , Dieterle says he doesn't get out much and hardly ever ventures above 14th Street, adding that he's "kind of" agoraphobic. [ DI ] Read more posts ...
Aug. 7, 2013 - New York Magazine
- John Carney in Elmira Star-Gazette
It's about an agoraphobic guy,Carney says. "It's shot entirely in the town house, with a bunch of characters who come and go and the lead character, who is trapped in his neurotic, social-phobia world. It's blackly funny but hopefully...