- s relating to rural matters
an agrarian (or agricultural) society
- In the seventies, millions of innocent people were killed in South East Asia in the name of agrarian utopia.
- Yvonne's story of transformation from her modest, agrarian roots to a top model is fascinating.
- India, which was an agrarian economy, is slowly moving towards the industrial and services sectors.
News & Articles
- An alternative to college?
In the 20th century, America shifted from an agrarian society to a manufacturing society, and as a result the education requirements for a job went up: Workers needed to be able to follow directions, mathematically calculate with numbers while working machines, communicate with their co-workers and read training materials. A high school degree became the minimum job educational requirement ...
June 12, 2013 - Macon Telegraph
- Steve Jobs in PCR-online.biz
When we were an agrarian nation, all cars were trucks because that's what you needed on the farms,said Jobs, going on to say that as cities and the technology developed, things like power steering and automatic transmission became popular....
- Pranab Mukherjee in Hindustan Times
At this juncture, delayed monsoons have impacted many parts of the country's agrarian economy,Mukherjee told a meeting with top industrialists in New Delhi, organised by a television channel. "Mitigating the impact of deficient monsoon is...
- Pope Benedict XVI in Catholic Weekly
Pope Benedict told the new ambassador: "Carefully planned agrarian reforms can benefit a society by instilling a sense of common responsibility and stimulating individual initiative, making it possible for a nation both to feed its own and expand...