- n a component that is added to something to improve it
the addition of a bathroom was a major improvement
the addition of cinnamon improved the flavor
- n the act of adding one thing to another
the addition of flowers created a pleasing effect
the addition of a leap day every four years
- n a quantity that is added
there was an addition to property taxes this year
- n something added to what you already have
he was a new addition to the staff
- n a suburban area laid out in streets and lots for a future residential area
- n the arithmetic operation of summing; calculating the sum of two or more numbers
- In addition to her duties at the magazine, she serves as a panelist on CNN's political programs "Inside Politics" and "The Capital Gang.
- A DIFFERENT ANGLE: Libeskind's addition to the Royal Ontario Museum rises out of the old building.
- In addition to the usual paparazzi shots and rumors, you'll find posts on fashion and politics, as well as tons of comments from ConcreteLoop's audience of nearly a million regular .
- Arsene Wenger in The Press Association
He added: "We identified him as a very strong centre-half, who has made big progress very quickly. He has shown he is mentally strong, he's a fighter and a very strong competitor. Koscielny is a great addition to our squad."
- Katherine Heigl in BBC News
In an effort to maintain the integrity of the academy organisation, I withdrew my name from contention,Heigl, 29, said in a statement. "In addition, I did not want to potentially take away an opportunity from an actress who was given such...
- Mike Phelan in The Press Association
Phelan added on ManUtd.com: "He is young, athletic and as keen as mustard. He will be a good addition. We all hope he hits the ground running and adds to what we think is a good blend of youth and experience in our squad. We just hope it all comes...