- n a process of increasing by addition (as to a collection or group)
the art collection grew through accession
- n (civil law) the right to all of that which your property produces whether by growth or improvement
- n something added to what you already have
the librarian shelved the new accessions
- n agreeing with or consenting to (often unwillingly)
accession to such demands would set a dangerous precedent
- n the right to enter
- n the act of attaining or gaining access to a new office or right or position (especially the throne)
Elizabeth's accession in 1558
- v make a record of additions to a collection, such as a library
- In return, Iceland can expect accession talks to move at a double-quick pace.
- At his formal accession to the Chrysanthemum Throne in 1926, he took the official name of Showa - which translates as "Enlightened Peace.
- In four years of actual accession talks, Turkey has opened only 11 of 35 policy chapters that need to be negotiated, successfully closing just one, on science and research.
News & Articles
- Germany's Merkel 'appalled' by Turkey's response to protests
BERLIN (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Monday she was shocked at Turkey's tough response to anti-government protests but she stopped short of demanding that the European Union call off accession talks with the candidate country. "I'm appalled, like many others," Merkel said of Turkey's handling of two weeks of unrest that began over a redevelopment project in an Istanbul park ...
June 17, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Thanks, EU, but Iceland isn’t so keen on joining any more
Iceland is rethinking its desire to become a member of the European Union, putting talks with the European bloc on hold for the time being. Although it had completed about a third of the accession negotiations, ...
June 14, 2013 - Quartz via Yahoo! Finance
- Ambika Soni in Financial Express
Accession to the convention will result in technological upgradation of the country's assaying and hallmarking centres and their recognition by the members of the Vienna Convention,Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni said after...
- Liam Byrne in ic Wales
Immigration Minister Liam Byrne said, "The right balance points to continuing to restrict access to the labour market for those low-skilled migrants coming from Romania and Bulgaria until at least the end of 2008." "While accession workers...
- Sergey Lavrov in KTAR.com
We will do all we can to prevent Ukraine's and Georgia's accession into NATO and to avoid an inevitable serious exacerbation of our relations with both the alliance and our neighbors,Lavrov said on Ekho Moskvy radio.