- n a quantity that is added
- n a change resulting in an increase
the increase is scheduled for next month
- n a process of becoming larger or longer or more numerous or more important
the increase in unemployment
- n the amount by which something increases
they proposed an increase of 15 percent in the fare
- n the act of increasing something
he gave me an increase in salary
- v become bigger or greater in amount
The amount of work increased
- v make bigger or more
The boss finally increased her salary
The university increased the number of students it admitted
- This increase is largely the result of substantial increase in use of fossil fuels in the industrialized world.
- Colin Powell is against an temporary increase in Iraq troops.
- Then it was Brazil, in August announcing a 53% increase in its military budget for 2008, the biggest such increase in more than a decade.
- President Bush in guardian.co.uk
To step back now would force a collapse of the Iraqi government,Mr Bush said in the prepared remarks, adding that that would ensnare US forces. "If we increase our support at this crucial moment, and help the Iraqis break the current cycle...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in CNN International
The most important lesson to be taken away is that the benefits of legalization depend strongly on how it is implemented. Some veteran growers in far northern California oppose legalization, fearing it would increase competition and cut profits,... Daniel Hamburg http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Hamburg&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEmbyEh6kYH-beSUVyR1hxMYzwSaA Birmingham Star http://www.google.com/url?q=http://story.birminghamstar.com/index.php/ct/9/cid/3a8a80d6f705f8cc/id/657266/cs/1/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGYc4R0ESGFUHS99RbcLo7rO0g36A Jul 8, 2010
50790 68414 increase Clinton stated that the recent violence in Gaza must only increase our determination to seek a just and lasting peace agreement that brings real security to Israel, normal and positive relations with its neighbors, and independence, economic...