incrustation : Definition, Usages, News and More
in kruh stay shuhn
- n the formation of a crust
- n a hard outer layer that covers something
- n a decorative coating of contrasting material that is applied to a surface as an inlay or overlay
- As Rowell shows, he contrived to graft the tradition of the iconwith its deep frame and boxy space, and its applied incrustation in the form of halos, plaques, ex-votos and .
- One silver altar frontal or a gilded retablo, no matter how impressive in itself, cannot possibly duplicate the devotional frenzy of incrustation that gives Mexican Baroque its .
- And that congress recommended dropping the word "leper" because of its incrustation of moral connotations, substituting "leprosy victim" or "leprosy patient.