- n acquiring or coming into something (usually undesirable)
incurring debts is easier than paying them
- v make oneself subject to; bring upon oneself; become liable to
- v receive a specified treatment (abstract)
- E-Mail a Friend If you thrill to getting from point A to point B while incurring maximum bodily risk, your ride is here: the Wheelman.
- Gates has a rule that Microsoft, rather than incurring debt, must always have enough money in the bank to run for a year even with no revenues.
- More often than not, incurring the wrath of your own party is a recipe for failure in politics.
News & Articles
- Debt Financing For Your Startup Company
When your business is a corporation and takes out a loan, it is incurring debt. Loans are a well-known and well-used method of raising capital. The biggest drawback to taking out a loan for your corporation is that a loan must be repaid, both principal and interest, if any. Further, if you personally guarantee the loan, the lender will expect you to repay the loan if the corporation is unable to ...
June 12, 2013 - Forbes
- Photo Gallery: Answers to your top 10 homebuying questions
Loading Photo Galleries ... In this market, it is advised to get your appraisal first to ensure your home is valued at what you are willing to pay before incurring the cost of other inspections.
June 12, 2013 - Reno Gazette-Journal
- Interest rates on some student loans set to double
One of the biggest worries that college students face is incurring thousands of dollars in debt in order to pay for their increasingly costly education.
June 12, 2013 - Tulsa World
- Al Sharpton in The Times
The city is trying to do what it should do to secure people,said Sharpton. "That's what cities do. Clearly, no one in the family is happy that the city is incurring any expense at all. You're talking about an historic figure that will have...
- Stephen Harper in International Herald Tribune
Americans are running deficits. We're running surpluses. Americans are incurring debt. We're paying down debt,Harper said.
- Edward Leigh in Lancashire Evening Post
Committee chairman Edward Leigh said: "The Ministry of Defence is confident that its performance in implementing big defence equipment projects is improving. Fourteen projects have been reported as incurring no new delays in the last year. But the...