- n the act of entering some territory or domain (often in large numbers)
the incursion of television into the American living room
- n an attack that penetrates into enemy territory
- n the mistake of incurring liability or blame
- A purported midnight incursion of Indian air force jets into Pakistani airspace Saturday brought tensions between the two nuclear-armed neighbors to an even higher pitch.
- Egypt, which supported Israel's Gaza incursion by shutting its border crossing into the Strip, has become so sensitive to criticism of its role that it is jailing Egyptian anti .
- But Turkish analysts say the political atmosphere in Turkey increases the likelihood of some kind of incursion.
News & Articles
- Letter: National Security Agency
A recent revelation regarding the sweeping incursion into our privacy by the government through the NSA is alarming. The implementation of the Patriot Act under the Bush Administration got the ball rolling on government incursion into our privacy. It goes without saying that government policies never die, they just get bigger. Government snooping is now costing billions. Many of the foiled ...
June 14, 2013 - New Bern Sun Journal
- NSA surveillance 101: What US intelligence agencies are doing, what they know
Civil Libertarians have long worried that pursuing terrorists via database-driven surveillance could lead to a serious incursion into Americans’ rights. It became clear this month that US intelligence agencies are gathering massive amounts of US telephone calling data and social media data on both foreigners and citizens. Government officials say the programs do not target Americans or “data ...
June 13, 2013 - Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News
- Tent caterpillars are on the move
Tent caterpillars on Bell Street in mid-May are a sample of the pests’ incursion throughout the area. Sequim Gazette photo by Jay Cline “Gross” may be the nicest word to say about western tent caterpillars, now on the move en masse in Sequim yards and orchards to find suitable cocooning sites.
June 13, 2013 - Sequim Gazette
- Saeb Erekat in International Herald Tribune
We condemn this military incursion,said Saeb Erekat, a Palestinian lawmaker. "This will undermine the efforts that are being made to sustain the cease-fire with Israel."
- Michael W Wynne in MiamiHerald.com
The Russians just shot down the government command nets so they could cover their incursion,said Wynne. "This was really one of the first aspects of a coordinated military action that had cyber as a lead force, instead of sending in air...
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Reuters
I sincerely wish that this motion will never be applied. Passage of this motion does not mean an immediate incursion will follow, but we will act at the right time and under the right conditions,Erdogan told his AK Party in televised remarks.