- n a concluding summary (as in presenting a case before a law court)
- n (physiology) the process whereby multiple stimuli can produce a response (in a muscle or nerve or other part) that one stimulus alone does not produce
- n the final aggregate
- n the arithmetic operation of summing; calculating the sum of two or more numbers
the summation of four and three gives seven
- The summation by Defense Attorney Joel Aurnou, 47, was emotional and dramatic.
- Attired in his morning coat, Attorney General Charles Cornu, 70, rose for his final summation against the defendant, in whose home he had been a frequent guest.
- And having watched both Clintons for nearly 20 years now, I believe it is an honest summation of what they think they're about: "Getting stuff done," as Bill Clinton used to say.
News & Articles
- AccessData Announces the Release of Summation 5.0
AccessData, a pioneer of digital investigations and litigation support, today announces the release of Summation 5.0 featuring an interoperable FTK license, Technology Assisted Rev
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Oshiomogho Atogwe in Chicago Tribune
I mean it's just crazy. I see it on video games, playing Madden,Atogwe said. "It's just kind of a summation for how the season's been going."
- Ludacris in The Grand Rapids Press - MLive.com
â€¢ Quote: Ludacris describing his 10-year career in rap: "I call myself the MVP of rap," he says. "When you put everything together in rap, as far as lyrics, visuals, record sales, personality, conceptual songs, I feel like I'm the summation...
- Jon Landau in Telegraph.co.uk
We have evolved what is called National Prosperity Index which is a summation of: a) annual growth rate of GDP; b) improvement in quality of life of the people, particularly those living below the poverty line; plus c) the adoption of a value... APJ Abdul Kalam http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdul_Kalam&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHgJbAtlxEpQ-ou-4pw89wqp_Zf7g Hindu http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.hindu.com/2007/03/20/stories/2007032014550100.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEhFSz-ZWD71nnT9cQ2sFGW49YJqw Mar 19, 2007
96392 127893 summational Landau called it the summational song on the album, one of Bruce's great masterpieces".