- n a militant reformer
- s advocating or engaged in activism
- Three days before the opening ceremonies, Beijing revoked the visa of Joey Cheek, a former Olympian and Darfur activist.
- In the latest attack on Russia's human-rights community, the kidnapping and murder of Natalya Estemirova has silenced one of Chechnya's most outspoken activists.
- A troubling update to our earlier posts about Yuan Weijing, the wife of jailed blind activist Chen Guangcheng.
News & Articles
- Activist wins $3.5M molestation suit against cousin
A Brooklyn court on Wednesday awarded $3.5 million to a Jewish gay activist who sued his cousin for allegedly molesting him for several years when he was a boy.
June 13, 2013 - New York Daily News
- Activist files complaint against marriage advocacy group
Karger complaints: California political activist Fred Karger filed a complaint Wednesday against the Washington-based National Organization for Marriage with the Iowa Ethics and Campaign Finance Disclosure Board.
June 12, 2013 - Quad-City Times
- Activist Brockovich to face misdemeanor charge
Environmental activist and movie namesake Erin Brockovich will face a misdemeanor charge of operating a boat while intoxicated, the district attorney in Las Vegas decided Tuesday.
June 12, 2013 - Fond du Lac Reporter
- John McCain in Boston Globe (registration)
Last week, for example, he highlighted Obama's opposition to the Supreme Court nomination of Chief Justice John Roberts, saying Obama belonged to "an elite group of activist judges, lawyers, and law professors who think they know wisdom when they...
- Robert Bork in Boston Globe
Barak "may be the worst judge on the planet - the most activist," said Bork, the conservative former judge whose 1987 nomination to the Supreme Court by Ronald Reagan was rejected by the Senate after a partisan battle.
- Orrin Hatch in Christian Science Monitor
Utah's Sen. Orrin Hatch called empathy "a code word for an activist judge."