- n a militant reformer
- s disposed to warfare or hard-line policies
- s showing a fighting disposition
militant in fighting for better wages for workers
- s engaged in war
- He is a militant clergyman.
- Armed militant groups push into Pakistan's North-West Frontier Province and its principal city, Peshawar, threatening the stability of a key transit point in the American effort to .
- In recent weeks, the militant Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (National Volunteer Service Organization) has accused missionaries of abetting both the rape of Hindu tribal women and the .
News & Articles
- Hezbollah's role in Syria fighting threatens to spread holy war
The involvement of the Lebanon-based Shiite militant group has infuriated Sunni-led Arab states, which have jockeyed against Shiite-dominated Iran for dominance. CAIRO — Hezbollah's march into the Syrian civil war on behalf of President Bashar Assad is adding to tension along sectarian fault lines in a region increasingly roused by geopolitical maneuverings that are fueled by religious passions.
June 23, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Suicide bomb, shootings kill 9 in northern Iraq
BAGHDAD (AP) — A suicide car bomb and other militant attacks killed nine people in northern Iraq on Saturday, as election officials announced preliminary results for local elections in two provinces that showed the bloc of the country's speaker of parliament in the lead.
June 22, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Gaza's Hamas rulers execute 2 for spying
The militant Islamic group Hamas that rules Gaza says it executed two men who it accuses of passing intelligence to Israel.
June 22, 2013 - Fox News
- Zulfikar Ali Bhutto in Washington Post
We believe democracy alone can save Pakistan from disintegration and a militant takeover,Bhutto said at a news conference less than 24 hours after bombs exploded near a truck carrying her in a festive procession marking her return from eight...
- David Petraeus in Washington Post (blog)
The statement further added, "Meanwhile, al-Qaeda and other militant groups exploit that anger to mobilize support."
- Mahinda Rajapakse in BBC News
Now we direct an urgent call to our militant brothers in Muslim Palestine and the Arab peninsula ...... to be ready to receive the Crusader slayer Bush in his visit to Muslim Palestine and the Arab peninsula in the beginning of January and to... Adam Gadahn http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Yahiye_Gadahn&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE5ZkFM0-eG9w8CWmCwCEyndu3QUg Forbes http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2008/01/06/ap4498757.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH1a2ycXCH8LKlCrmoUoG35qimtdw Jan 6, 2008
63588 84827 militarily Speaking in Jordan before returning to Sri Lanka, President Rajapaksa said: My government, with the total commitment of our armed forces, has in an unprecedented humanitarian operation finally defeated the LTTE militarily. I will be going back to a...