hero hero /ˈhɪ roʊ/
- (n) a man distinguished by exceptional courage and nobility and strength
- (n) the principal character in a play or movie or novel or poem
- (n) someone who fights for a cause
- (n) Greek mathematician and inventor who devised a way to determine the area of a triangle and who described various mechanical devices (first century)
- (n) (classical mythology) a being of great strength and courage celebrated for bold exploits; often the offspring of a mortal and a god
- (n) (Greek mythology) priestess of Aphrodite who killed herself when her lover Leander drowned while trying to swim the Hellespont to see her
- (n) a large sandwich made of a long crusty roll split lengthwise and filled with meats and cheese (and tomato and onion and lettuce and condiments); different names are used in different sections of the United States
- For 2007, PTI's annual celebration of heroes spotlights the most innovative and influential protectors of the planet.
- Our fifth annual list of the world's most influential people: leaders, thinkers, heroes, artists, scientists and more.
- Today, still dashing in his uniform, Giap modestly rejects the notion that these military feats made him a hero.
- Hero? Traitor? Lover? Sinner? Plays his music in the sun. Is Edward Snowden a hero or a traitor? Everyone seems to want to know . And we totally understand why politicians and other notable people are being asked to choose — you're getting a strong headline either way.on June 11, 2013 Source: New York Magazine
- Edward Snowden, leaker of the NSA surveillance programs, is a hero. No, he’s a narcissistic criminal. Scratch that, he’s totally a hero. Far from it: he’s an alienated loner, a traitor, a bad boyfriend. But also? A smokin’ hottie! Barely a day after Snowden revealed himself as the source who gave information to the Guardian about phone and Internet data collection, the debate over privacy and ...on June 11, 2013 Source: Tuned In
- A hero dog treated at the UC Davis vet hospital after a horrendous crash is finally back home in the Philippines.on June 11, 2013 Source: KFSN-TV Fresno
Wiki Images for hero
- "As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier," Gilbert wrote. "This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating...on Jul 9, 2010 By: Dan Gilbert Source: The Associated Press
- Former President George HW Bush, who was commander in chief in 1991, said, "We already knew he was a hero, one who helped lead our way to a historic victory in the Gulf, but now his family and countrymen know - and history will finally record - that...on Aug 2, 2009 By: George HW Bush Source: Los Angeles Times
- In a television interview a few weeks ago, Clark called McCain "a hero to me" and then said this: "I don't think riding in a fighter plane and getting shot down is a qualification to be president."on Jul 23, 2008 By: Wesley Clark Source: FrontPage magazine.com