- n how something is done or how it happens
a lonely way of life
- n how a result is obtained or an end is achieved
the true way to success
- n a line leading to a place or point
didn't know the way home
- n the condition of things generally
that's the way it is
I felt the same way
- n a course of conduct
we went our separate ways
- n any artifact consisting of a road or path affording passage from one place to another
he said he was looking for the way out
- n a journey or passage
they are on the way
- n space for movement
make way for
- n the property of distance in general
it's a long way to Moscow
he went a long ways
- n doing as one pleases or chooses
if I had my way
- n a general category of things; used in the expression `in the way of'
they didn't have much in the way of clothing
- n a portion of something divided into shares
they split the loot three ways
- r to a great degree or by a great distance; very much (`right smart' is regional in the United States)
way over budget
way off base
- In case you weren't already panicked: WASHINGTON (AP) Vice President Joe Biden says he's advising his own family to stay off commercial airlines and even subways because of the .
- This way we can be certain that the state's wish to restimulate the economy is carried out.
- By slashing markup to the bone, clothing is sold the way supermarkets sell groceries.
News & Articles
- Barnecuts Admiral Way Service Station sold after 90 years of ownership
A fixture in West Seattle business, Barnecut's Admiral Way Service station at 4100 SW Admiral Way has been sold to Marc Gartin. Gartin is also the owner of the Admiral Theater building, the Bartell Drugs property, and the Admiral Way Chevron station land. Dick Barnecut, whose father George Barnecut Sr. founded a service station in the Admiral District in 1923, said, "My dad was in business ...
June 16, 2013 - West Seattle Herald
- United Way to host Power of the Purse at Canoe Club
MIDDLETOWN >> The Fifth Annual Power of the Purse fundraiser of the Middlesex United Way Women’s Initiative will be held on Thursday, June 27, at the Mattabesett Canoe Club, 80 Harbor Drive, at 5:30 p.m.
June 16, 2013 - The Middletown Press
- Wrong-way driver on U.S. 30 prompts 911 calls
A wrong-way driver on U.S. 30 in Hancock County prompted several motorists to make emergency calls to the Hancock County Sheriff's Office on Thursday night.
June 15, 2013 - The Findlay Courier
- Paul Goydos in AFP
It's almost a mythical number in our game,Goydos said. "I've gone from clubbing a ball in the backyard all the way to the moon, and missed all the steps in between."
- Dan Gilbert in Washington Post
He has gotten a free pass,Gilbert said in a phone interview with The AP. "People have covered up for (James) for way too long. Tonight we saw who he really is."
- Barack Obama in The Associated Press
Now, of course I'll admit that the backyard's a little bigger here, but it's the same spirit,Obama said to laughter. "Michelle and I couldn't imagine a better way to celebrate America's birthday than with America's extraordinary men and...