- n an administrative unit of government
- n a business that serves other businesses
- n the state of being in action or exerting power
the agency of providence
she has free agency
- n the state of serving as an official and authorized delegate or agent
- n how a result is obtained or an end is achieved
an example is the best agency of instruction
- The agency gets little public recognition, and that's just fine.
- The agency advertises its phone number in the hippie press and at rallies organized to promote the legalizing of pot.
- Brooks Kraft Corbis for PTI The agency won't say how much it's spending on the ad campaign, but CIA spokesman George Little told PTI via e-mail, "We continue to seek highly .
News & Articles
- Agency-X Singer David Mahr Releases New Solo Album “IMPOSTER”
Agency-X singer/songwriter David Mahr has released a brand-new solo CD “IMPOSTER.” (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10823077.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Agency looks to place USEC workers
A local agency distributed a workforce survey Tuesday to workers at USEC. The Purchase Area Development District says the goal is to match employees with employers.
June 12, 2013 - WPSD Local 6 Paducah
- Agency: Opting for overdrafts means higher fees
A U.S. agency says consumers who opt for overdraft coverage on their checking accounts pay higher fees and are more likely to have their accounts closed than those who decline it. A report by the Consumer ...
June 11, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in TIME
For too long, for a decade or more, there has been a cozy relationship between the oil companies and the federal agency that permits them to drill,said Obama. "It seems as if permits were too often issued based on little more than...
- Ben Bernanke in The Age
One option is for the Fed to buy "longer-term Treasury or agency securities on the open market in substantial quantities," Bernanke said. "This approach might influence the yields on these securities, thus helping to spur aggregate demand."
- John McCain in TIME
In other words, Barack Obama's tax plan would convert the IRS into a giant welfare agency, redistributing massive amounts of wealth at the direction of politicians in Washington,McCain said in the radio address.