- s not clearly understood or expressed
their descriptions of human behavior become vague, dull, and unclear"- P.A.Sorokin
vague...forms of speech...have so long passed for mysteries of science"- John Locke
- a not precisely limited, determined, or distinguished
vague feelings of sadness
a vague uneasiness
- s lacking clarity or distinctness
saw a vague outline of a building through the fog
- President Obama's brief speech about the future of financial regulation this afternoon was pretty vague.
- We're running out of time to be vague on climate change.
- To the world he was the rock star Freddie Mercury, lead singer of Queen, with features and an accent that were ethnically vague but probably British, if one had to guess.
News & Articles
- Johnson defines Nats' chemistry
The notion of chemistry in team sports is vague and clichéd, but Davey Johnson has developed a view that comes with a tangible definition.
June 21, 2013 - The Staunton News Leader
- 5 BYOD pitfalls and how you can avoid them
Vague policies, rogue apps, zombie phones can doom even the best 'Bring Your Own Device' intentions. But the good news is it's not too late to make game-changing adjustments. read more
June 20, 2013 - IT World
- Sneiderman’s lawyers say charges in murder case remain too vague
In the final pre-trial hearing before jury selection, lawyers representing the Dunwoody widow accused of plotting to kill her husband said the charges against their client remain too vague.
June 18, 2013 - Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- Benazir Bhutto in FOXNews
We want an election date, we want a retirement datefor Musharraf to quit his military post, Bhutto told reporters after hearing the president's election statement. "This is a vague statement. We want the uniform off by Nov. 15."
- Charles Schumer in BusinessWeek
This vague and limited statement of intentions is China's typical response to pressure,Schumer said in a statement. "Until there is more specific information about how quickly it will let its currency appreciate and by how much, we can...
- Nouri al-Maliki in FOXNews
We find this to be too vague,a close al-Maliki aide told The Associated Press on Monday.