- Similarly, in its journal this month, the American Academy of Pediatrics protests the ebb of recess, arguing that "undirected play allows children to learn how to work in groups .
- It lobs undirected rockets into cities (not strategic targets) hoping to kill someone, a civilian, soldier, tourist, or whomever.
- And today's kids, so accustomed to being overscheduled and overstimulated during the school year, are at risk for getting bored if left undirected in summer.
- Theodore Roosevelt in US Department of State
And it is a guiding conviction of American Realism that we achieve our greatest and most enduring goals when we unite power and purpose together - for, as Teddy Roosevelt said, "power undirected by high purpose spells calamity, and high purpose by...
- David Rittenhouse in EE Times India
We still sponsor undirected research, but not as much as before. For instance, we don't do the astronomy work that we used to do. But now we focus our researchers in areas where we know they can be successful,said Rittenhouse. "From our...
- Simon Jenkins in Irish Times
Guardian columnist Simon Jenkins noted how: "Drivers undirected by signs, kerbs or road markings are faced with confusion and ambiguity. Since they do not want to cause accidents at junctions, or damage their cars, they reduce their speed and...