- a not trimmed
- a (used of grass or vegetation) not cut down with a hand implement or machine
- a not shaped by cutting or trimming
an uncut diamond
- a (of pages of a book) having adjacent leaves still joined at the fore edge
a book with its leaves still uncut
- a not cut
- s not cut
glad to get out of the house with my throat uncut"- Tobias Smollett
- s complete
- After forcing the employees to open the vault, the robbers rifled trays of uncut gems and antique Indian jewelry, strewing less valuable items on the floor.
- Inside it reposed the famed Jonker diamond, world's largest uncut gem and the largest privately owned diamond anywhere.
- It's also not for the weak-bladdered the original, uncut version clocks in at 293 minutes.
News & Articles
- Backyard Sinkhole Keeps Greece Family On Edge
Greece, N.Y. - An uncut lawn or a few branches on the patio aren't what's keeping one Greece family leary about being in their backyard.
June 15, 2013 - 13WHAM Rochester
- $50M Belgian diamond heist might have had bigger haul
File photograph of rough, uncut diamonds. / USA TODAY BRUSSELS (AP) - Belgian authorities are investigating whether the spectacular diamond heist at Brussels airport in February might have yielded much more than the $50 million reported at first.
June 13, 2013 - Reno Gazette-Journal
- Occupy Wall Street Stylists Pursue U.K. Tax Dodgers
UK Uncut has no offices and no formal leader, and key members often plot strategy over midnight pints of ale in London pubs.
June 11, 2013 - Bloomberg