- v cut with a blade or mower
- v make a sad face and thrust out one's lower lip
- a (used of grass or vegetation) cut down with a hand implement or machine
the smell of newly mown hay
- Out in the new-mown hay.
- Admittedly, it can't wax poetic about the mouthfeel of a pinot or the flavors of mown grass and flint in a 2007 sauvignon.
- Huge storms towering up to 45,000 feet high are a regular occurrence and airstrips range from muddy tracks to un-mown fields on the edge of cliffs which require planes to jump .
News & Articles
- Grassroots effort at TPC Sawgrass
Huge rolls of the green carpet of Celebration Bermuda grass are being rolled out onto the fairways, tees and other closely-mown areas of the TPC Sawgrass Players Stadium Course during a planned 18-day window that began on Monday and will end July 5.
June 22, 2013 - The Florida Times-Union
- Phil Mickelson in USA Today
It's very difficult to execute the shots on the lies that we're getting around the greens, in that the grass is so closely mown,said Phil Mickelson, the runner-up at Pinehurst in 1999. "It's very easy for clubs to come just slightly behind...