- a (of land or fields) not prepared for raising crops
- s (of persons) lacking art or knowledge
- s characteristic of a person who is not cultivated or does not have intellectual tastes
- Malaysia is converting forests into palm oil farms so rapidly that it's running out of uncultivated land.
- If the detail of Byzantine art can sometimes seem rudimentary, it's not because the empire was uncultivated or primitive.
- While sources went uncultivated and leaks dried up, the capital's best reporters were caught by other stories, like allegations against former Attorney General Ed Meese and the .
- Thomas Jefferson in Northwest Herald
In a similar vein, Jefferson wrote in 1787 that, "Whenever there are in a country uncultivated lands and unemployed poor, it is clear that the laws of property have been so far extended as to violate the natural right. The earth is given as a common...
- Veerendra Heggade in Mangalorean.com
Dr.Heggade says "but for Pragati Bandhu concept many of them would have left their lands uncultivated and would have preferred to work as labourers in nearby towns or move over to cities like Mangalore or Udupi to find odd jobs."