- v share the feelings of; understand the sentiments of
- v to feel or express sympathy or compassion
- v be understanding of
- So, Dearest, do not think me rude If I yield now to lassitude, But sympathise with me.
- Fans sympathise with the playerspolls show only 8% public support for merging teams, while 68% would back a strike.
- I want to say first of all that I understand and sympathise with the emotions at play here.
News & Articles
- Al-Ahly to suspend player over Islamist sign
Egypt's Al-Ahly football club on Monday suspended a player for a goal celebration that appeared to sympathise with Islamists targeted in a crackdown by army-installed authorities, sources said. Al-Ahly's board is set to approve the decision Tuesday to fine and suspend Ahmed Abdul Zaher from next month's FIFA Club World Cup in Morocco, the club sources said. The 28-year-old forward held up four ...
Nov. 11, 2013 - AFP via Yahoo! News