- n a large and hurried swallow
- v strike heavily, especially with the fist or a bat
- v to swallow hurriedly or greedily or in one draught
- He takes a small swig.
- You hit the button, take a big info swig and are left thirstier than you were before.
- Dressed in T shirts and jeans, the men swig Budweisers from the bottle and joke with each other.
News & Articles
- With Xbox One Deal, Twitch Becomes SportCenter For Video Game MVPs
An in-house sales team and a partnership with Microsoft that could bring millions of new game-casters make Twitch an even more serious player in the streaming video space. It’s 10:30 on a Sunday night, and Andy Dinh is sitting at home playing the PC game League of Legends . The 21-year-old from San Jose briefly detaches his fingers from the keyboard to swig from a can of Red Bull. “Oh my god ...
June 11, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- George Foreman in Reuters India
As I took a swig, I almost spit it out. 'Hey, this water tastes like it has medicine in it',Foreman says he replied.
- Charlie Peprah in PackersNews.com
Just all week, hydrate, and during the game,Peprah said. "If you're not thirsty, take a swig - it doesn't matter."
- Lev Yashin in ESPN
When asked about the secret of his success, Yashin said: "The trick is to smoke a cigarette to calm your nerves and then take a big swig of strong liquor to tone your muscles."