- n an event that accomplishes its intended purpose
let's call heads a success and tails a failure
the election was a remarkable success for the Whigs
- n an attainment that is successful
his success in the marathon was unexpected
his new play was a great success
- n a state of prosperity or fame
he is enjoying great success
he does not consider wealth synonymous with success
- n a person with a record of successes
if you want to be a success you have to dress like a success
- Country singersongwriter Joey Allcorn is one of the rate increase's opponents, and he attributes his modest success to the growth of Internet radio.
- Upending conventional wisdom has made Malcolm Gladwell famous and successful.
- There couldn't be a better metaphor for the meteoric success of Puerto Rico's supreme ambassador of reggaeton, Latin music's latest thing.
News & Articles
- Ferdinand hungry for success
Rio Ferdinand admits sharing the Manchester United dressing room with Ryan Giggs will always make him hungry for more success. Ferdinand will soon embark on his 12th season with the club, during which time he has six Premier League titles, a Champions League and two League Cups to look back on.
June 22, 2013 - Soccer365
- Success Means Shorter Summer Vacation for Spain’s Soccer Stars
Spain’s success in international soccer competitions has denied its top players the chance of a vacation while some of their peers hit the beach for a rest.
June 20, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Creative Success Alliance Declares Multi-Unit Real Estate Investing a Faster Wealth Builder
Creative Success Alliance is scheduled to host an expert training event for both novice and veteran real estate investors interested in a quicker system of building cash flow and wealth. The event takes place July 18-21, 2013 in Boston. (PRWeb June 20, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10844493.htm
June 20, 2013 - PRWeb
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
We tend to want there to be instant success in the world,Bush said after a lunch with Prime Minister John Howard of Australia, "and the task in Iraq is going to take a while."
- John McCain in CNN (blog)
He told a news conference in Kabul: "The Taliban know that Kandahar is the key to success or failure. ...... And if we succeed there, we will succeed in the rest of this struggle."
- Mirek Topolanek in Times Online
Today Mr Topolanek said: "We need to read the history books and the lessons of history and the biggest success of the (EU) is the refusal to go this way." "Americans will need liquidity to finance all their measures and they will balance this...