- n an act that fails
his failure to pass the test
- n an event that does not accomplish its intended purpose
the surprise party was a complete failure
- n lack of success
he felt that his entire life had been a failure
that year there was a crop failure
- n a person with a record of failing; someone who loses consistently
- n an unexpected omission
he resented my failure to return his call
the mechanic's failure to check the brakes
- n inability to discharge all your debts as they come due
fraudulent loans led to the failure of many banks
- n loss of ability to function normally
- The situation in Afghanistan is serious and growing worse and without more boots on the ground the United States risks failure in a war it's been waging since shortly after the .
- The failure investigation began immediately and continued until around June 1995.
- Soon after the failure investigation began, Hughes provided the State Department a satellite debris recovery plan for the failure.
- Barack Obama in BusinessWeek
Our failure to act responsibly at the federal level will only open the door to irresponsibility by others,Obama said at a Rose Garden naturalization ceremony for 24 members of the US military. "That includes, for example, the recent...
- Mark Sanford in New York Daily News
I want to take full responsibility for the moral failure that led us to this tragic point. Jenny is a great person, and has been a remarkable wife, mother and First Lady,Sanford said at the time.