- n the contestant who wins the contest
- n a gambler who wins a bet
- n a person with a record of successes
only winners need apply
- Led by three 20-game winners (Mike Cuellar, 24 wins; Dave McNally, 24; and Jim Palmer, 20), Baltimore's stamp was its starting pitching and defense, which led the league in lowest .
- The abolition of state-by-state, winner-take-all electoral votes would speed the disintegration of the already weakened two-party system.
- As the National Spelling Bee celebrates its 80th anniversary, the question arises: what do the winners go on to do? A sampling of the champions from 1986 to 1992 reveals a few .
News & Articles
- Senate winner will inherit fishing crisis
BOSTON -- The winner of Tuesday's special election for the U.S. Senate will face a number of issues, but perhaps none tougher than representing a diminished and dispirited Massachusetts fishing fleet in the midst of an industry crisis and a federally
June 22, 2013 - Gloucester Daily Times
- First winner for Two Step Salsa strikes at Churchill
Conquest Two Step, from the first crop of Group 2 winner Two Step Salsa and a $420,000 purchase earlier this year, became the first winner for his sire as he scored a two-length victory in his career debut Friday at Churchill Downs.
June 21, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Senate winner inherits fishing industry in crisis
The winner of the special election for U.S. Senate will face the tough work of representing a diminished and dispirited Massachusetts fishing fleet in the midst of an industry crisis. Republican businessman ...
June 20, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Chris Bosh in National Post
I think Dwyane said it earlier: We're ready to sacrifice a lot of things in order to do that,Bosh said. "It's not about the money; it's not about anything else except for winning. I'ma winner, Dwyane's a winner, and we're going to bring...
- Jaroslaw Kaczynski in AFP
I congratulate the winner. I congratulate Bronislaw Komorowski,the eurosceptic Kaczynski said in a speech at his Warsaw headquarters, as supporters gasped when the figures were revealed the moment voting ended.
- Evel Knievel in FOXNews
I became part of their lives,Knievel says. "People wanted to associate with a winner, not a loser. They wanted to associate with someone who kept trying to be a winner."