- n an unsteady uneven gait
- n an unintentional but embarrassing blunder
- v walk unsteadily
The drunk man stumbled about
- v miss a step and fall or nearly fall
She stumbled over the tree root
- v encounter by chance
I stumbled across a long-lost cousin last night in a restaurant
- v make an error
- For a brief period that followed, Obama seemed a bit unsure about what to do with his life--the same kind of unsettling early stumble made by others who went on to seek--and often .
- Gordimer, 83, points out the kinds of pitfalls that have caused other postrevolutionary governments to stumble.
- After practicing walking at the Welcome Area until I could at least stumble at the level of a Malibu Mel Gibson, I was approached by Cristal Beese, who often looks for new people .
News & Articles
- Managing MS: Chill's Degenhardt moves on with life, coaching
ONALASKA — A.J. Degenhardt had not felt right for a while. It started with numbness from his waist to his feet. Then there was heat sensitivity that made him kick off his blankets in the middle of the night or stumble around disoriented after a shower.
June 23, 2013 - La Crosse Tribune
- Black Blood Of The Earth: An Extreme Coffee Experience From An Unusual Entrepreneur
The products that stumble forth from Philip Broughton?s restless, inventive brain are more the result of his own curiosity and sense of fun than a deep desire to build a business. His company, Funranium Labs, is more a playground and message board for he and fans of his two products: an intense concentrated coffee brew called Black Blood of the Earth, and a beer stein called Stein of Science ...
June 20, 2013 - Forbes
- Nature calls
Unless you stumble upon Livingston Manor in mid-June during its annual Trout Parade, it’s hard to grasp what this otherwise sleepy town in northern Sullivan County is all about. But a Main Street sign “SMALL TOWN — BIG BACKYARD” best explains why this little spot, two hours northwest of Manhattan...
June 20, 2013 - New York Post
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in New York Daily News
Some people counted me out and said to drop out,a clearly relieved Clinton told cheering supporters in Philadelphia. "But the American people don't quit and they deserve a President who doesn't quit either. I might stumble and I might get...
- Butch Otter in KPAX-TV
Otter says, "As a public servant who has made mistakes in my private life, I am mindful that you don't really know who your friends are until you stumble...... I want Larry and Suzanne to know that Lori and I stand by them."
- Barack Obama in CNN
What I think many of us are concerned about is that we stumble into active hostilities with Iran without having aggressively pursued diplomatic approaches,Democratic Sen. Barack Obama said.