- n a person loved by another person
- v make steady
- v support or hold steady and make steadfast, with or as if with a brace
- a not subject to change or variation especially in behavior
a steady beat
a steady job
a steady breeze
a steady increase
a good steady ballplayer
- s not liable to fluctuate or especially to fall
- s securely in position; not shaky
held the ladder steady
- s marked by firm determination or resolution; not shakable
- s relating to a person who does something regularly
a steady drinker
- s not easily excited or upset
- r in a steady manner
- The band's fifth album shows a steady progression .
- Meanwhile, home prices might steady and sellers might become less willing to negotiate.
- The 11-to-21-year-old market is huge, says CEO Jane Friedman, who predicts steady growth for the category.
News & Articles
- Raiders relievers steady in home-opening victory
Playing in town for the first time this summer, the Lawrence Raiders rode some steady relief pitching to a 5-3 victory over the Midwest Bruins Tuesday night at Free State High. By Benton Smith
June 12, 2013 - Lawrence Journal-World
- US 10-year Notes Steady, Focus on Data and Auctions
U.S. 10-year Treasuries held steady in Asia on Tuesday with market players looking to forthcoming bond auctions and economic data for near-term clues on direction.
June 11, 2013 - CNBC
- Gas prices holding steady in RI
Gas prices are holding steady in Rhode Island for the third straight week. The latest survey by AAA Southern New England, released Monday, finds that the average cost of a gallon of regular, self-serve ...
June 10, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- President Bush in CNN International
Violence is down to its lowest level since the spring of 2004, and we're now in our third consecutive month with reduced violence levels holding steady,Bush said.
- Barack Obama in BBC News
Speaking at the service at the state capitol in Charleston, Mr Obama said: "I'll remember him as he was when I came to know him, his white hair flowing like a mane, his gait steady with a cane, determined to make the most of every last breath. The...
- Phil Mickelson in Reuters India
Greg played very solid golf and I played very erratic golf,said Mickelson, who was attempting to win a regular tour event outside the United States for the first time. "I made birdies and bogeys and he just played steady and ultimately...