- v make stable and keep from fluctuating or put into an equilibrium
The drug stabilized her blood pressure
- v support or hold steady and make steadfast, with or as if with a brace
- v become stable or more stable
The economy stabilized
- At slow speeds, the driver could lower small wheels on outriggers to stabilize the vehicle so it wouldn't plop over.
- To stabilize the world's carbon emissions, they propose not chasing a single magic bullet but harnessing seven different categories of reduction, using available technology.
- New foundations stabilize the ancient walls, and polymer mesh strengthens the faades that so magnificently overlook the Hunza Valley.
News & Articles
- Stocks stabilize after Japan drop rattles traders
Positive U.S. economic data helped stabilize world stocks on Thursday after a sharp selloff in Japan put its main index in "Bear Market" territory, rattling investors. Japan's Nikkei fell 6.4 ...
June 13, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- BOJ Shirai says JGB yields to stabilize, signals no new steps
By Leika Kihara Asahikawa, JAPAN (Reuters) - The Bank of Japan expects bond yields to stabilize over time with its flexible market operations and massive asset purchases, a central bank policymaker said, signaling that it has no immediate plans to take fresh steps to calm volatile markets. Sayuri Shirai, a former IMF economist who is among the BOJ's nine board members, said it was natural and ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Why Invest In Unconstrained Bond Funds?
Policymakers around the globe began ?easing? five years ago by taking unprecedented measures to stabilize and induce expansion in the developed world. While it?s difficult to predict when rates will rise, investors need to begin identifying non-traditional fixed income strategies that provide income while helping to shield them from undesired risks.
June 13, 2013 - Forbes
- Ben Bernanke in FOXNews
To break that adverse feedback loop, it is essential that we continue to complement fiscal stimulus with strong government action to stabilize financial institutions and financial markets,Bernanke said.
- President Bush in Earthtimes (press release)
The United States has made an initial aid contribution, but we want to do a lot more,Bush said. "We are prepared to move US Navy assets to help find those who have lost their lives, to help find the missing, to help stabilize the...
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
While there continues to be a need for government involvement to stabilize the financial system, that necessity is waning,Obama said.