- n a plane curve traced by a point circling about the center but at increasing distances from the center
- n a curve that lies on the surface of a cylinder or cone and cuts the element at a constant angle
- n a continuously accelerating change in the economy
- n ornament consisting of a curve on a plane that winds around a center with an increasing distance from the center
- n a structure consisting of something wound in a continuous series of loops
- n flying downward in a helical path with a large radius
- v to wind or move in a spiral course
- v form a spiral
The path spirals up the mountain
- v move in a spiral or zigzag course
- s in the shape of a coil
- In its very success, the Ford Explorer is responsible for setting this country on the spiral of vehicular obesity that we are still contending with today.
- The downward spiral increased the debt burden, because the government's tax revenues were shrinking.
- The spiral galaxy NGC 4414 .
News & Articles
- Kevyn Orr presents stark choices to reverse Detroit death spiral: Tom Walsh
Detroit emergency manager Kevyn Orr paints a grim picture to Detroit's creditors of a city in a death spiral, because promises of pensions and health care to retirees at up 40% to $65% of all taxpayer dollars, compared to less then 20% in most other cities. By slashing those future payments, he proposes investing $1.25 billion to improve city services over 10 years, including $500 million to ...
June 15, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Wired Space Photo of the Day: Glowing Pinwheel Galaxy
The face-on spiral galaxy M101, or the Pinwheel Galaxy, is seen at ultraviolet and optical wavelengths in this image taken by ESA’s XMM-Newton space telescope. The picture is composed of images taken by XMM-Newton’s Optical Monitor telescope using different filters: red ...
June 14, 2013 - Wired News
- ObamaCare Exchange headed for Death Spiral in California?
Covered California,the ObamaCare exchange in the Golden State, is headed for a death spiral in which insurance rates become virtually unaffordable, says a just-released paper
June 13, 2013 - Rocklin & Roseville Today
- Timothy Geithner in Philippine Star
It is imperative that we continue to move with speed to help make housing more affordable and help arrest the damaging spiral in our housing markets, just as we work to stabilize our financial system, create jobs and help businesses thrive,...
- Venus Williams in CBC.ca
I just didn't get enough balls in today,said Williams. "I let it spiral and didn't get any balls in. I had a lot of opportunities, a lot of short balls and I seemed to hit each one out. If there was a shot to miss, I think I missed it."
- Peer Steinbrueck in guardian.co.uk
We are in a development where the downward spiral is picking up speed,said Germany's Finance Minister Peer Steinbrueck, who wanted to see an orchestrated response among the G7.