- s having the consistency and appearance of soup
a soupy fog
- s effusively or insincerely emotional
- Silkie chickens, whose snowy white feathers cover birds with black skin, flesh and bones, are prized throughout Asia for their deep, gamy flavor and used in soupy tonics said to .
- On the flight home, lost in a soupy fog, the plane crashed into the Basilica on Superga Hill above Turin (where the members of Italy's former royal house are buried).
- Love Happens, a soupy romance starring Aniston and Aaron Eckhart, earned a tepid $8.
News & Articles
- County officials expect a milder season for West Nile virus
Puddles are bad. So are kiddy pools, recycling containers and birdbaths with standing water. Tires are really bad.With summertime comes the West Nile virus, and the recent rise in temperatures and a rash of rain are creating a soupy breeding ground for the mosquitoes that spread the virus.Local offi...
June 18, 2013 - Lancaster Online
- In Cambodia's jungles, a lost world is found
A team of archaeologists from Australia has found an ancient city buried for more than 1,000 years beneath Cambodia's soupy jungles.
June 17, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- Father's Day tribute: Remembering Detroit TV pioneer Dick Westerkamp
Some baby boomers and most of their parents would remember Dick Westerkamp as a pioneer and icon of local Detroit broadcasting from the mid-1950s through the late'60s. Detroit was a particularly innovative and colorful market with characters like Soupy Sales and shows like 'The Lone Ranger'; network programs, originating not from New York but Detroit. It was an era with many characters in local ...
June 16, 2013 - Detroit News
- Joel Quenneville in Chicago Sun-Times
It's obviously important minutes, a lot of quality minutes,Quenneville said. "One thing with Soupy that he brings is the element of the pace coming out of our end, his speed off the rush. In offensive zone cycles, he's dangerous as well....
- Alice Cooper in Undercover Music News
In a statement following Soupy Sales` death, Alice Cooper said, "Being from Detroit, I came home everyday and watched Soupy at lunch. One of the greatest moments of my life was getting pie-faced by Soupy. He was one of my all time heroes."
- Jose Andres in Roanoke Times
Really, a paella is flavored rice,Andres said. "In Spain we like a paella to be a little soupy with lots of rice and not much meat. When you see a paella that is a mound of yellow rice with lots of mussels and other meats, that's not true...