- n a decrease in rate of change
- v lose velocity; move more slowly
- v become slow or slower
- v cause to proceed more slowly
- In what has been one of the world's prime economic engines for the past five years, growth is slowing fast.
- The cosmic expansion should have been slowing down a lot or a little, depending on whether it contained a lot of matter or a littlean effect that should have shown up as distant .
- But the economy is slowing, and an election year looms.
News & Articles
- Accident slowing traffic on PA Turnpike
There is an accident slowing traffic on the PA Turnpike on the Susquehanna River Bridge. At this time, we don't know many details. Initial scanner reports said an accident happened near mile marker 245 involving a tractor trailer. Turnpike traffic operations center said the west bound lanes of the Turnpike on the bridge are closed for investigation and clean up. Check back here for more ...
June 16, 2013 - WHP CBS 21 Harrisburg
- Wildfire near Rifle seems to be slowing down
A wildfire burning north of Rifle seems to be slowing down.
June 16, 2013 - KGWN-TV Cheyenne
- Cattle Futures Slump on Signs of Slowing Beef Demand; Hogs Fall
Cattle futures dropped for a third straight day on speculation that demand for U.S. beef is slowing as grocers fill orders for the summer holidays. Hog prices also declined.
June 14, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Ben Bernanke in Independent
Mr Bernanke, speaking at Morehouse College in Atlanta, said: "Recently we have seen tentative signs that the sharp decline in economic activity may be slowing. A levelling out of economic activity is the first step toward recovery."
- Jeffrey Immelt in Forbes
Every place we went, there's a need for power, there's a need for planes, and there's just no signs that this global infrastructure boom is slowing at all,chief executive Jeff Immelt told investors in a conference call.
- Carl Edwards in Kentucky.com
I planned on hitting the wall, but I didn't plan on the wall slowing me down that much,Edwards said. "I play a lot of video games where you can just run it into the wall and hold it wide open, and that's what I did, but it didn't work out...