- v make sensitive or aware
He was not sensitized to her emotional needs
- v cause to sense; make sensitive
She sensitized me with respect to gender differences in this traditional male-dominated society
My tongue became sensitized to good wine
- v make sensitive to a drug or allergen
Long-term exposure to this medicine may sensitize you to the allergen
- v make (a material) sensitive to light, often of a particular colour, by coating it with a photographic emulsion
sensitize the photographic film
- I think we need to do a great deal in America to sensitize and educate police authorities on the whole question of race.
- Exposure to a drug may sensitize a patient and cause a dangerous allergic reaction on the next exposure.
- Your physician may first give you pills that can either sensitize your body to insulin's effects or help your body produce more of the hormone.
News & Articles
- NIIT University Launches the Asian Lens Forum
First of its kind initiative to sensitize young generation to Asian heritage, culture, history and values Established with a vision to bring about innovation in higher education and learning in emerging areas of the knowledge society, the not-for-profit NIIT University (NU) unveiled another unique initiative - The Asian Lens Forum. The Forum is an attempt to sensitize the coming Asian ...
Feb. 20, 2014 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Lal Bihari in International Herald Tribune
We are using elections to highlight the problems of living dead,said Bihari. "We know we cannot win elections but through election we can sensitize people and officials about this problem."
- Denzil Douglas in Communication's Unit Of The St. Kitts Prime Minister
It will take years and years for the marketing plan that has been established to sensitize the world on these name changes, to deal with issues of the maps and issues of souvenir shops around the world in educating the international public on the... Irvin Khoza http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irvin_Khoza&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHvWz-MQz6svfHYY5igUCOX-9dLdw AFP http://www.google.com/url?q=http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5gfbNBsGx76GVTogBoson-12BzueA&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHp3_DVGaByMsIl3GW8DcEQm5Ltgg Aug 7, 2007
88191 117651 sensitize We must look at ways of making the wholesale and retail trades more competitive and therefore drive down prices as a result. We must examine how we can sensitize the private sector to the realities of the times in which we are living and have them...