- v make (someone or something) sentimental or imbue with sentimental qualities
- v look at with sentimentality or turn into an object of sentiment
- v act in a sentimental way or indulge in sentimental thoughts or expression
- Alan Rickman in Scoop.co.nz (press release)
As Alan Rickman, whose idea it was to turn Rachel's work into drama, says: "We were never going to paint Rachel as a golden saint or sentimentalise her, but we also needed to face the fact that she'd been demonised. We wanted to present a balanced...
- David Attenborough in The Herald
As Attenborough says: "It's a very narrow line. You can't in my view eliminate it entirely - that is to sentimentalise and distort reality - but, equally, some of it is very hard to take."