- v give a certain impression or have a certain outward aspect
She seems to be sleeping
- v seem to be true, probable, or apparent
It seems that he is very gifted
- v appear to exist
There seems no reason to go ahead with the project now
- v appear to one's own mind or opinion
I seem to be misunderstood by everyone
I can't seem to learn these Chinese characters
- A professor at the University of Tokyo has created an optical camouflage system that makes anyone wearing a special reflective material seem to disappear.
- The fact that the women may have been forced into prostitution doesn't seem to bother most of their soldier-patrons.
- If you're one of the millions of consumers who now seem permanently attached to an Apple iPod, here's your home base.
News & Articles
- Tragedy Vivid, 35 Years Later
Does it seem like once a week we see in the news that another pedestrian has been killed on the streets of Las Vegas? Well, in this case, "seeming" is believing. Last year, 42 pedestrians were killed on Las Vegas streets, according to Scott Magruder of
June 16, 2013 - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Analysis: Why bankrupt W.R. Grace is thriving
By Ernest Scheyder and Nick Brown COLUMBIA, Md./NEW YORK (Reuters) - A company stuck in bankruptcy for 12 years may not seem like much of a catch, but investors have fallen in love with U.S. specialty chemical manufacturer W.R. Grace & Co and its surging sales to the energy sector. One of the longest bankruptcies in U.S. history, Grace filed for Chapter 11 protection in 2001 after an asbestos ...
June 16, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Record hot? No, a sensor is faking out your phone
Did the weekend seem unbelievably hot? It was unbelievable, especially if you checked your smartphone Saturday and saw a reading of 104 degrees in Pompano Beach.
June 16, 2013 - Sun-Sentinel
- President Bush in Independent
In his remarks, Mr Bush said: "Some seem to believe that we should negotiate with the terrorists and radicals, as if some ingenious argument will persuade them they have been wrong all along."
- Sarah Palin in BBC News
I have the privilege of living most of my life in a small town,Palin told roaring Republicans at their convention. "I was mayor of my hometown. And since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let...
- Stephen Hadley in USA Today
His intentions seem good when he talks with Americans, and sensitive reporting suggests he is trying to stand up to the Shia hierarchy and force positive change,national security adviser Stephen Hadley wrote after a recent trip to Iraq....