- v pass gradually or leak through or as if through small openings
- After Grandma sold her house to pay some gambling debts, Lum was brought up in a wooden shack without running waterunless you counted the rainwater that would regularly seep in .
- To get bumper crops, farmers depend on pesticides and nitrogen fertilizers, which can seep below the surface and contaminate the groundwater.
- Handler believes that a slow leakage of radioactive materials over many years will seep into the seabed and gradually dissipate, whereas a salvage operation could result in a more .
News & Articles
- Surprising Trove of Gas Seeps Found Off East Coast
On the seafloor just off of the U.S. East Coast lies a barely known world, explorations of which bring continual surprises. As recently as the mid-2000s, practically zero methane seeps — spots on the seafloor where gas leaks from the Earth's crust — were thought to exist off the East Coast; while one had been reported more than a decade ago, it was thought to be one of a kind.
June 19, 2013 - LiveScience.com via Yahoo! News
- Rudy Giuliani in Forbes
As these ideas seep through, I think we're going to do well here,Giuliani said.
- Ike Reese in SI.com
We're not letting that type of stuff seep inside here,linebacker Ike Reese said. "We know what Mike means to us as a ballclub. I thought coach Mora handled it well. We're not going to let any comments -- regardless of who it's from --...
- Gareth Thomas in Herald Sun
It was like a tight knot in my stomach, always threatening to seep out,Thomas said. "I was like a ticking bomb. I thought I could suppress it, keep it locked away in some dark corner of myself, but I couldn't. It was who I was, and I just...