- v make secular and draw away from a religious orientation
Ataturk secularized Turkey
- v transfer from ecclesiastical to civil possession, use, or control
- And it reflected not only the depth of religious feeling that has survived a 120-year attempt to secularize Mexico, but the popular impact of the Pope's good-natured and .
- There was an originality to this insight; it was possible to live a meaningful life on one's own terms, to secularize spirituality.
- To secularize the Dry cause became the purpose of Allied Forces.
- Jerry Farwell in Kansas City Star
After the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, Falwell said: "I really believe that the pagans and the abortionists and the feminists and the gays and the lesbians ...... all of them who have tried to secularize America, I point the finger in their...
- Anjem Choudary in 940 News
This knighthood is just another example of Tony Blair and his government's attempts to secularize Muslims and reward apostates,said Anjem Choudray, protest organizer and an ex-head of the British wing of the banned radical group al-Muhajiroun.