- v destroy completely; damage irreparably
You have ruined my car by pouring sugar in the tank!
The tears ruined her make-up
- v destroy or cause to fail
- v reduce to bankruptcy
- v reduce to ruins
The country lay ruined after the war
- v deprive of virginity
- v fall into ruin
- s destroyed physically or morally
- s doomed to extinction
- s brought to ruin
the unsuccessful run for office left him ruined politically and economically
- But people have been ruined by Senate investigations.
- Like its classmates, it had great style (penned by Giovanni Michelotti) ruined by some half-hearted, half-witted, utterly temporized engineering: To give the body structure greater .
- Our lives have been ruined by the exploitation we suffered at the hands of the government of Ontario, our place of birth.
News & Articles
- Weekend Linkage: Happy Father's Day! Echo Park Lake Has Reopened
· Neighboring Santa Monica hotel owners' spat goes public · Lauren Conrad ruined her voice in move from OC to The Hills · Paseo Colorado's Macy's may be replaced by hotel · Everybody dive in! Echo Park lake has...
June 16, 2013 - Curbed LA
- Fire ruins man's home amid birthday celebration
Flames raced through a home south of Yuba City Saturday and nearly ruined a man's joint birthday and Father's Day celebration. No one was injured when the fire sparked around 4 p.m. outside Milo Espinoza's home at 4892 Highway 99. "It's not really my lucky day,"...
June 16, 2013 - Appeal-Democrat
- A good walk ruined
A good walk ruined.That's how Mark Twain once described golf. My parents had my brother and me relatively late in life, after the Great Depression and World War II were behind them. Mom may have been a bit over-protective. At any rate, I grew up a sissy.
June 15, 2013 - Times News
- Willie Walsh in Times Online
Willie Walsh, the chief executive of BA, said: "We are absolutely determined to do whatever we can to protect our customers from this appalling, unjustified decision from Unite. We do not want to see a million Christmases ruined. Unite was told...
- Michael Schumacher in Yahoo! Eurosport UK
I was trying as hard as I could to defend myself but it was only possible to a certain degree and my tyres were just ruined after having done more than half the race distance,he said. "I was fighting cars with a good top speed which was...