- v come or bring to a finish or an end; others finished in over 4 hours"
He finished the dishes
The fastest runner finished the race in just over 2 hours
- v finally be or do something
- v have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense; either spatial or metaphorical
- v provide with a finish
The carpenter finished the table beautifully
this shirt is not finished properly
- v finish eating all the food on one's plate or on the table
- v cause to finish a relationship with somebody
That finished me with Mary
- a (of materials or goods) brought to the desired final state
a finished product
- a ended or brought to an end
are you finished?
gave me the finished manuscript
- s (of skills or the products of skills) brought to or having the greatest excellence; perfected
a dazzling and finished piece of writing
a finished violinist
- s having a surface coating or finish applied
the finished bookcase costs much more than the unfinished ones
- s brought to ruin
after the revolution the aristocracy was finished
- So I said we just finished this record, or its almost finished, Ill send you the lyrics, see what you think.
- His team is still making prototypes, but a finished motherboard was delivered in April.
- The first draft wasn't finished until last week, and as of Wednesday his staff couldn't say how long the speech was running or when it might be finished.
- Barack Obama in USA Today
By the time I'm finished speaking ...... more Americans will have lost their health insurance,Obama told members of Congress. "Millions will lose it this year. Our deficit will grow. Premiums will go up. Co-pays will go up. ...... I will...
- Fernando Torres in The Press Association
Honestly, teams won't be able to do anything until the World Cup has finished. The players here prefer to wait - there is time,he said.
- Bob Bradley in The Associated Press
That was a really special feeling,US coach Bob Bradley said. "These guys put a lot into it, they never quit. We're proud. We finished first in our group. Five points, didn't lose a match. So we're ready."