- n the resistance encountered when one body is moved in contact with another
- n representation consisting of a copy (as of an engraving) made by laying paper over something and rubbing it with charcoal
- n effort expended in moving one object over another with pressure
- v move over something with pressure
- v cause friction
- v scrape or rub as if to relieve itching
- Yes, that was Vernon Jordan rubbing shoulders with Barry Diller and Cardinal Edward Egan.
- A ruggedly handsome man emerges from under the hood of a car, rubbing his grimy hands on white cloth.
- Natalia strained, turning her head from side to side, tilting it forward, grimacing, contorting her face, occasionally rubbing her chin against one shoulder or the other, and .
News & Articles
- Pet of the Week: Leroy
Who needs an electric blanket when you have friendly, easy-going Leroy as a foot warmer on your bed. Loyally waiting for you at the door, rubbing against your legs and following you around is what you
June 16, 2013 - The Savage Pacer
- Patrick Schwarzenegger's Girlfriend Tootsie Burns Rubs His Abs
Who can blame Tootsie Burns for wanting to cop a feel? The college sophomore was photographed rubbing her boyfriend Patrick Schwarzenegger 's six-pack abs while aboard a yacht in Saint Tropez on Thursday, June 13. Wearing matching blue swimsuits, the couple spent the afternoon diving and jet skiing in the South of France.
June 14, 2013 - US Weekly
- Clemson faithful shocked, saddened after Howard’s Rock vandalized
The tradition of rubbing Howard's Rock dates back to the days when Frank Howard coached the team in the 1960's. (AP Photo/File)
June 14, 2013 - The Post and Courier
- Roy Halladay in National Post
To me, Chase is the driving force behind this team,he said. "He'll never admit it, but his preparation and desire [are] second to none, and you combine that with other guys that have it, and a lot of that starts rubbing off. You have three...
- Mike Helton in CBSSports.com
There's an age-old saying that in NASCAR, 'if you ain't rubbing, you ain't racing,'NASCAR President Mike Helton agreed. "I think that's what the NASCAR fan and NASCAR stakeholders all bought into and all expect."
- Mark Cuban in ESPN
It's been a long day of looking at spreadsheets, reading NBA cap rules and rubbing my eyes,Cuban said via his Twitter account.