- n a state of conflict between persons
- n the resistance encountered when one body is moved in contact with another
- n effort expended in moving one object over another with pressure
- Right now, there is no sign of friction.
- Before a launch rehearsal, it is standard procedure to use nonflammable nitrogen to flush oxygen-laden air out of the engine compartment, where even the slightest friction or .
- After speaking with 163 people, Apter discovered that more than 60% of women felt that friction with their husband's mother had caused them long-term stress.
News & Articles
- Uganda summons EU ambassador over criticism of Museveni
By Elias Biryabarema KAMPALA (Reuters) - Uganda summoned the European Union's envoy on Friday to explain his criticism of President Yoweri Museveni's handling of corruption, underlining growing friction with the West after it cut aid over graft concerns. Western donors withdrew almost all direct budget support to the east African nation after allegations that $13 million had been stolen by ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Friction Facts: Bigger pulleys really are more efficient
Pro road racers who use Berner's uniquely oversized rear derailleur cages have sworn time and again that they reduce drivetrain friction thanks to their humongous 15-tooth pulleys. Now, Jason Smith of Boulder-based lab Friction Facts has confirmed that claim with his own independent testing. Berner-equipped racers such as Fabian Cancellara , Edvald Boasson Hagen , Philippe Gilbert and others ...
June 12, 2013 - BikeRadar
- Less friction loss in combustion engines
Researchers have developed a method that can reduce engine friction and wear even during production of engine components. Special coatings can help to reduce fuel consumption and carbon dioxide emissions.
June 11, 2013 - Science Daily
- Robert Gates in International Herald Tribune
I know that Iraq and other difficult choices America faces in the war on terror will continue to be a source of friction within the Congress, between the Congress and the president and in the wider public debate,Gates said. "Considering...
- Ehud Barak in Australia-Israel Jewish Affairs Council
Defence Minister Ehud Barak told the Knesset on Monday that the government would examine "additional ways to achieve the same goals of the blockade, by reducing as far as possible the potential for friction."
- Sir Alex Ferguson in Independent
At a number of clubs there have been problems with friction between managers and owners,Ferguson said. "But you can see how smoothly the United ship is running as far as that is concerned, despite early hostility over the Glazer family's...