- n a loud resonant repeating noise
- n a state of conflict between persons
- n a state of conflict between colors
her dress was a disturbing clash of colors
- n a minor short-term fight
- v crash together with violent impact
Two meteors clashed
- v be incompatible; be or come into conflict
These colors clash
- v disagree violently
We clashed over the new farm policies
- Asif Ali Zardari in The Hindu
In a message, Mr. Zardari said "a deliberate attempt seems to be afoot to turn the fight against militants into a sectarian clash and make the people fight against one another" and asked people not to fall into the trap.
- Bill McCollum in Kaiser Health News
The Associated Press: "McCollum said Thursday that the government's defenses clash with comments Obama made during the health care debate, 'including the president's insistence on national television that the purchase mandate was absolutely not a...
- Rick Hendrick in 680 News
We started out and he won the (Budweiser) Clash and the 150 (qualifying race) and we said, 'We don't have to worry about winning a race now.' Then nobody counted it because it wasn't a points race,Hendrick said in Victory Circle. "We've...